Address: Lahdenkatu 4, 15111 Lahti
The Lahti Historical Museum is located right in touch with downtown Lahti next to the Kisapuisto Sport Park. At the museum is on display permanent exhibitions and changing exhibitions.
The Lahti Historical Museum used to be the main building of the Lahti Manor (built in 1897-1898, architect Hjalmar Åberg). In addition to exchanging exhibitions, the museum includes a hall for scale models, the Fellman Room, the Klaus Holma Memorabilia Collection (antique from Middle and Central Europe from medieval times to the end of the 18th century) as well as a hall with themed exhibitions of the history of Lahti and the province of Päijät-Häme.
The Lahti manor was in the ownership of Captain and Court Counsellor August Fellman and his family until the year 1919, when the town of Lahti gained possession of the manor. All the city center`s hotels are in walking distance from the manor. Great venue for exclusive corporate events. Nowdays Lahti Historical Museum operates in manor`s main building.