Address: Kirkkotie 7 Kärkölä
Kärkölä Church is located in the historical village of Kärkölä.
Designed by the architect Ludvig Isak Linqvist in the Neo-Gothic style, the church was built of brick in 1887-1889. It was preceded by a wooden church of cruciform plan built in 1754, which was torn down in 1901. There is a bronze scale model commemorating the old church at its original location in the present cemetery.
The altarpiece of the Crucifixion, by an unknown artist, dates from the 18th century and had already been in the previous church. Above the door to the sacristy is a wooden crucifix, which is estimated to be from the 17th century. The altarpiece depicting the Nativity was painted by Paavo Leinonen in 1930 and is currently on the wall adjacent to the sacristy. Leinonen also made the paintings of the pulpit and designed the stained-glass window of the choir. The church was renovated in 1989 for its centenary. These works were meant to restore the church close to its original appearance. In renovation carried out in 1930, the windows of the rear wall had been bricked up and the church was given an overall colour scheme of dark green. The original windows of the choir were revealed, and the ornaments and details of the interior were restored. The pews were renewed, along with lighting, heating, a new sound system and security arrangements. The overall appearance of the church became brighter, with better lighting. The church seats approximately 400.
The cemetery of the local war dead is next to the main entrance to the church. The memorial (1949) was designed by the architect Kauno Kallio and the artist Viktor Jansson. On the south side of the church is a memorial from 1954 to the deceased remained in ceded Karelia.
Kärkölä Church is part of the Finland's highway church programme.