The Art Museum of Orimattila has an interesting collection of Finnish art from the early 1800s to the 1950s. Although the museum itself is small, the collection includes pieces of the following artists: Albert Edelfelt, Akseli Gallen-Kallela (4 pieces), Pekka Halonen (5 pieces), Hugo Simberg, Eero Järnefelt, Helene Schjerbeck, Ferdinand von Wright, Magnus von Wright etc.
Examples of pieces:
- "Rapids at winter" by Akseli Gallen-Kallela
- "Lograft" by Akseli Gallen-Kallela
- "Landscape from Myllykylä village" by Pekka Halonen
- "The pipe smoker" by Pekka Halonen
- "Madonna and Child" by Hugo Simberg
Group size: Min. 10 persons
Duration: 2,5 hours
Availability: Tuesdays-Sundays year around at the opening hours of the museum.
Optional extra: Visit to Soile Yli-Mäyry´s Art Castle. Soile Yli-Mäyry is a painter whose main themes in her work are humanity and people`s alienation from nature in the urban world.