Asikkala ChurchAddress: Kirkkotie 42, 17320 Asikkala kk Show map
Address: Kirkkotie 42, 17320 Asikkala kk
The Asikkala church, completed in 1880, was designed by an architect Georg Wilenius. The church is located in the old Asikkala village, north of Vääksy.
The bricks of the church were manufactured near Pulkkilanharju. A million of them were needed, and this is why the church is also known as "the church of a million bricks". The altarpiece was painted by Robert Wilhelm Ekman in 1862 and it was aldeady in use in the previous church.